Ashes Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes Fall

A Choose-Your-Own-Event X-Men rp

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Registration Rules Updated. PLEASE READ!!!
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 am by Emma Frost

» Theme update
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 am by Emma Frost

» I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am by Emma Frost

» X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am by Erik Lensherr

» Hello there!
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm by Objectivismlol

» Suggestion Table
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm by Emma Frost

» Character Application
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 am by Emma Frost

» Taken Characters
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 pm by Admin

» Reserved Characters
X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erik Lensherr
Self-Proclaimed Overlord
Self-Proclaimed Overlord
Erik Lensherr

X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Empty
PostSubject: X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.   X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am

When X-Men Origins had previews on television coming out, my interest was piqued. After sitting through the rubbish that was Last Stand, I was definitely ready for something with more substance. After all, the biggest fault with Last Stand had to do primarily with director changes but, that is another rant all together. Anyway, onto the topic of Origins I was at first very excited to see this movie to be honest. While I am not the biggest Wolverine fan out there, I was able to appreciate that they were going to give him depth, and also add in some key characters that are part of the expanding Marvel-verse.

The movie opens up with Wolverine as a child, finds out who his real dad is. Cue in the the amazing intro sequence where he and Victor go through shit tons of wars. Now, the visuals alone and direction of the movie were well and enough to make me happy. That would be if I were a run of the mill movie goer with no knowledge of the comics. However, I am not a run of the mill movie goer, and that is what caused thing to so sour really fast. The problems did not lie so much in the beginning of the movie as that was actually quite well done. The problems as I saw them were in the middle and ending of this movie, and I was not very pleased..

In the beginning we are given everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth; Deadpool. This character is the zaniest, most talkative, and batshit character I have seen. The man can break the fourth wall for crying out loud! Ryan Reynolds was brilliant as him but, they jipped him out of scene time and that was that. Now upon hearing the Weapon X thing I became excited, the return of Deadpool? I knew all about that and I had my hopes up real high. Imagine my utter disappointment when out popped this mouth-less individual with the wrong powers. Deadpool can teleport; kay we covered that which is fine. He is deadly proficient with katanas which we covered also in the beginning of the movie. However, he is not mouth-less because he is the damn MERC WITH A MOUTH. There is a reason writers that they have been calling him this for a long time! Not, suddenly mute and stoic looking Merc, pssh leave that for other characters. I was so livid, so pissed off, I do not think I could even stand to watch the ending anymore. I skip the Deadpool parts and let everything else sink in is about it.

Was it just me or did the movie seemed rather rushed? Not too mention that woman that he had a relationship with. The X-Men movies, no let me rephrase, Marvel movies as of late seem to have a trend of useless female companions. They are there to look pretty, try to kick ass, and that is about the jist of it. Her role was somewhat convoluted, and then somewhere near the end she pulled a switch hitter, and oh but no she has to cry now because she doesn't want Logan to leave. Christ sakes people stop being so fucking conflicted. If you want to fuck someone over, fuck them over and feel good about it. Don't fuck them over and think, "Well shucks I'm going to hell."

Oh yea, the very ending you know where Logan meets Professor X, he is standing. In all his old man glory standing. I was rather upset by this when I had first seen the movie two, almost three years ago now. I felt like the director had good things building up in the beginning, that maybe his writers knew what they were doing. Nope! It appears that I was sorely misguided, and so nothing was ever given any justice. The whole movie appeared to be about Wolverine, and it was 'fuck having anything else make sense' hour.

Just as a side note, Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber I believe did amazing in their roles. Liev was a much better Sabretooth than the last guy. The costume for the last guy was closer to the comics but, the attitude for Origins Sabretooth was so much better.
Back to top Go down

X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashes Fall :: Out Of Character :: Nerd Rage-
Jump to: