Ashes Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes Fall

A Choose-Your-Own-Event X-Men rp

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Registration Rules Updated. PLEASE READ!!!
Character Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 am by Emma Frost

» Theme update
Character Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 am by Emma Frost

» I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly
Character Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am by Emma Frost

» X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.
Character Application Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am by Erik Lensherr

» Hello there!
Character Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm by Objectivismlol

» Suggestion Table
Character Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm by Emma Frost

» Character Application
Character Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 am by Emma Frost

» Taken Characters
Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 pm by Admin

» Reserved Characters
Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Character Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character Application Empty
PostSubject: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Behind the Mask

Alias: (what you'd like us to call you outside of rp)

Method of Contact:
(AIM screen name/Msn/email etc.)

Background: (Have you seen the movies? Read the Comics, Watched the Cartoons? Know Stan Lee personally? XD)

App Password:
(It's in the rules somewhere ;D)

RP Experience: (where, when, how long, and how have you rped before? If you don't have much experience that doesn't mean we will turn you down Very Happy)

Putting on the Suit

Name: (The character's real name)

Alias:
(What handle do other mutants know them as?)

Powers:
(what can they do?)

History:
(I don't need an epic saga here. A few well-written paragraphs will suffice. Please keep in mind the show/movie/comic series you intend to play your character from. No copy/pasting from Wikipedia, Marvel Wikia etc.)

Personality: (How do they behave?)

Family:
(if unknown just put N/A)

Friends: (Who they hang out with in canon, who they plot with, etc.)

Relations to other Mutants
: (Do they hate their kind? Make friends? Don't care?)

Stance on Humans: (Love em? Hate em? Don't Care?)

Swag

Anything we should know?:

Got something to get off your chest?:

Rp Sample: (again epic saga not needed. But this must be more than one paragraph.)
Back to top Go down
https://ashesfall.rpg-board.net
Quicksilver
Moderator of Speed
Moderator of Speed
Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Alias: (what you'd like us to call you outside of rp) Tia

Method of Contact: PM

Background: (Have you seen the movies? Read the Comics, Watched the Cartoons? Know Stan Lee personally? XD) I know Stan Lee personally yo, no but seriously I saw the 90's cartoon, Wolverine and the X-Men, yes even Evolution. I've seen every X-Men movie that has come out, including Hulk vs Wolverine. As far as comics go? I've read through the Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Mystique stand alone comics. Most of my comics are crossovers with Deadpool and various other characters.

Password: (It's in the rules somewhere ;D)

RP Experience: (where, when, how long, and how have you rped before? If you don't have much experience that doesn't mean we will turn you down Very Happy) I started in 2001 starting with mainstream anime, branched out into semi-realistic/realistic rps.

Putting on the Suit

Name: (The character's real name) Pietro Maximoff

Alias: (What handle do other mutants know them as?) Quicksilver

Powers: (what can they do?) The ability of super quick thinking, and super speed as well. He can also resist the effects of friction, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact when running.

History: (I don't need an epic saga here. A few well-written paragraphs will suffice. Please keep in mind the show/movie/comic series you intend to play your character from. No copy/pasting from Wikipedia, Marvel Wikia etc.)

Pietro grew up with his twin sister Wanda in the Romanian countryside. The two of them were raised by gypsies, and all seemed well in the beginning. However, when they were young teens Wanda's powers had manifested, as had his. His sister's powers of controlling probability had yet to be honed, and she lost control of these powers. Due to this an unfortunate occurrence happened when Wanda caused a home to burst into flames. The pair were chased thus by an angry mob of villagers. It was at this time their estranged father Magneto had found them, and saved the two. Recruiting them to come with him, and Pietro only going to protect his sister.

As it were Pietro has been a part of various factions over time. In the beginning he was a part of the Brotherhood of Evil mutants but, had later reformed with his sister Wanda. The two of them were approached by Iron Man of the Avengers, and had promptly joined as the second generation. They became part of Captain America's team but, Pietro had felt it would have been better if he were the leader.

From Brotherhood to the Avengers, and even part of the X-Factor. It appears Pietro's alliances change when it suits him at the time.

Personality: (How do they behave?) Pietro is a rather arrogant, talkative, and personable young man. Personable perhaps if you don't mind him getting in your personal space.

Family: (if unknown just put N/A)
Wanda Maximoff: Twin Sister
Magda: Deceased Mother
Lorna Dane: Half-sister
Magneto a.k.a Erik Lensherr: Father

Friends: (Who they hang out with in canon, who they plot with, etc.) Pietro does a lot of talking but, he does not seem to have many he is friends with. One in particular though is Avalanche whom he does consider a friend.

Relations to other Mutants: (Do they hate their kind? Make friends? Don't care?) Pietro actually likes his kind, even if he does find a good number of them nuisances.

Stance on Humans: (Love em? Hate em? Don't Care?) Pietro really does not care very much about all that.

Swag: A blue, turtle neck body suit with white, shin length boots, white gloves, and a white lightening streak across the chest. However, when he joined the Avengers the blue was thus turned into a green.

Anything we should know?: Nothing...

Got something to get off your chest?: They see me rollin', they hatin'.

Rp Sample: (again epic saga not needed. But this must be more than one paragraph.)

Pietro hated it really, he really hated how slow everything around him seemed. Here he was moving in a zip, and all the people around him moved like cement was stuck to their feet. The white haired young man knew he had to be here though, after all this was part of the Brotherhood's mission. Woe be it for him if he didn't actually follow protocol this time, and really he meant that in all sarcastic sincerity. Folding his arms against his chest, and leaning back against a crumbling wall, his eyes scanned over the others working.

Really he could have this job done in three shakes but, he was asked to monitor the new recruits. Possibly the single most boring job in the entire world, next to being an accountant or something of that nature. He rolled a small piece of rock under his heel, and then kicked it away swiftly watching it fly through the air out of sight.

"I could have gone two hundred and ninety-seven times around the world, and you guys would still be here like a couple of monkeys." Pietro grumbled and pushed up off the wall. Walking over he snatched a small device from one man's hands. Typing quickly on the number pad he read swiftly over the information that scrolled. Practically tossing it back to the stunned man, he turned and started back up the small crater.
"Come on, and don't waste anymore of my time, okay?" His voice seemed to hold a sneer to it.

Last edited by Quicksilver on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Objectivismlol
Buddha of Mutants
Buddha of Mutants
Objectivismlol

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Alias: Bailey, Bay, hey you there, anything along those lines

Method of Contact: I have AIM (alliedwonders), just send a message!

Background: I've seen all the movies, dabbled in the few comics from the 80's that my dad kept, and I watched the animated series many moons ago

Password:

RP Experience: I've Rp'd on one other forum (It was a Hetalia one...bad I know. But I was young and stupid, I beg for forgiveness) and I rp almost daily on my AIM account, and I've been doing so for about three years. The past few months have been almost completely dedicated to X-Men (though mostly FC)

Putting on the Suit

Name: Charles Francis Xavier

Alias: Professor X

Powers: Telepathy

History: Growing up rich, brilliant, and a mutant was no challenge at all. Charles took to it easily. And, with his staggering intelligence, gaining the prestige of Professorship was just another award to tack on the wall. Though now, looking back on it, maybe training all these young mutants was a bit more than he could chew...

Personality: Though mostly calm and collected- a level head- Charles did have his moments of intensity, weather it being discussing his ideals, genetics, or mutation in general, he was sure to give you his opinion. He's always been known as a saintly leader, a lawful good. But, on the other hand, he might just give Erik a run for his money when it comes to the ladies. Lover, not a fighter.

Family: His 'adopted' sister, Raven

Friends: All of his students, Raven, Erik... he likes to be a friend to everyone, or at least an ear to lend

Relations to other Mutants: He wishes to teach the mutants to harness their power for good so they can coexist with the humans and all feel apart of the great human race

Stance on Humans: Adores them, always has, always will.

Swag

Anything we should know?: I'm ready for any rp, really! Just send me a message or an IM and we'll set something up. I don't bite, trust me. AU, canon-verse, crossover (I am such a Whovian -nudge-) Everything's fair game.

Got something to get off your chest?: Only thing is, I really respect maturity... but that's about it!

Rp Sample:

Charles had been upset. He had just been thinking about his past loves... realtionships... He had feelings for a certian someone... but he didnt know if he should pursue it or not. It was frustrating, wanting to be in love, but not wanting to be hurt. He was feeling down.... worthless. Like he always would love more than the other person
Ironic that the very person of his affections was the one to confront him "...oh, yes, I'm fine..."
You know.... I know what everyone's feeling, what everyone wants and thinks... and I hate using that on people I like but sometimes... sometimes I just want to know." he ran a hand through his hair, frowning. He almost never frowned "So, I give them everything they want... but they never feel the same way back to me. I just think I can never be happy. Honestly happy with someone else. I give too much? I just cant figure it out."
Back to top Go down
Emma Frost
Admin of Diamonds
Admin of Diamonds
Emma Frost

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Objectivismlol wrote:
Alias: Bailey, Bay, hey you there, anything along those lines

Method of Contact: I have AIM (alliedwonders), just send a message!

Background: I've seen all the movies, dabbled in the few comics from the 80's that my dad kept, and I watched the animated series many moons ago

Password:

RP Experience: I've Rp'd on one other forum (It was a Hetalia one...bad I know. But I was young and stupid, I beg for forgiveness) and I rp almost daily on my AIM account, and I've been doing so for about three years. The past few months have been almost completely dedicated to X-Men (though mostly FC)

Putting on the Suit

Name: Charles Francis Xavier

Alias: Professor X

Powers: Telepathy

History: Growing up rich, brilliant, and a mutant was no challenge at all. Charles took to it easily. And, with his staggering intelligence, gaining the prestige of Professorship was just another award to tack on the wall. Though now, looking back on it, maybe training all these young mutants was a bit more than he could chew...

Personality: Though mostly calm and collected- a level head- Charles did have his moments of intensity, weather it being discussing his ideals, genetics, or mutation in general, he was sure to give you his opinion. He's always been known as a saintly leader, a lawful good. But, on the other hand, he might just give Erik a run for his money when it comes to the ladies. Lover, not a fighter.

Family: His 'adopted' sister, Raven

Friends: All of his students, Raven, Erik... he likes to be a friend to everyone, or at least an ear to lend

Relations to other Mutants: He wishes to teach the mutants to harness their power for good so they can coexist with the humans and all feel apart of the great human race

Stance on Humans: Adores them, always has, always will.

Swag

Anything we should know?: I'm ready for any rp, really! Just send me a message or an IM and we'll set something up. I don't bite, trust me. AU, canon-verse, crossover (I am such a Whovian -nudge-) Everything's fair game.

Got something to get off your chest?: Only thing is, I really respect maturity... but that's about it!

Rp Sample:

Charles had been upset. He had just been thinking about his past loves... realtionships... He had feelings for a certian someone... but he didnt know if he should pursue it or not. It was frustrating, wanting to be in love, but not wanting to be hurt. He was feeling down.... worthless. Like he always would love more than the other person
Ironic that the very person of his affections was the one to confront him "...oh, yes, I'm fine..."
You know.... I know what everyone's feeling, what everyone wants and thinks... and I hate using that on people I like but sometimes... sometimes I just want to know." he ran a hand through his hair, frowning. He almost never frowned "So, I give them everything they want... but they never feel the same way back to me. I just think I can never be happy. Honestly happy with someone else. I give too much? I just cant figure it out."

Looks good, accepted. Very Happy

Last edited by Emma Frost on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma Frost
Admin of Diamonds
Admin of Diamonds
Emma Frost

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Quicksilver wrote:
Alias: (what you'd like us to call you outside of rp) Tia

Method of Contact: PM

Background: (Have you seen the movies? Read the Comics, Watched the Cartoons? Know Stan Lee personally? XD) I know Stan Lee personally yo, no but seriously I saw the 90's cartoon, Wolverine and the X-Men, yes even Evolution. I've seen every X-Men movie that has come out, including Hulk vs Wolverine. As far as comics go? I've read through the Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Mystique stand alone comics. Most of my comics are crossovers with Deadpool and various other characters.

Password: (It's in the rules somewhere ;D)

RP Experience: (where, when, how long, and how have you rped before? If you don't have much experience that doesn't mean we will turn you down Very Happy) I started in 2001 starting with mainstream anime, branched out into semi-realistic/realistic rps.

Putting on the Suit

Name: (The character's real name) Pietro Maximoff

Alias: (What handle do other mutants know them as?) Quicksilver

Powers: (what can they do?) The ability of super quick thinking, and super speed as well. He can also resist the effects of friction, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact when running.

History: (I don't need an epic saga here. A few well-written paragraphs will suffice. Please keep in mind the show/movie/comic series you intend to play your character from. No copy/pasting from Wikipedia, Marvel Wikia etc.)

Pietro grew up with his twin sister Wanda in the Romanian countryside. The two of them were raised by gypsies, and all seemed well in the beginning. However, when they were young teens Wanda's powers had manifested, as had his. His sister's powers of controlling probability had yet to be honed, and she lost control of these powers. Due to this an unfortunate occurrence happened when Wanda caused a home to burst into flames. The pair were chased thus by an angry mob of villagers. It was at this time their estranged father Magneto had found them, and saved the two. Recruiting them to come with him, and Pietro only going to protect his sister.

As it were Pietro has been a part of various factions over time. In the beginning he was a part of the Brotherhood of Evil mutants but, had later reformed with his sister Wanda. The two of them were approached by Iron Man of the Avengers, and had promptly joined as the second generation. They became part of Captain America's team but, Pietro had felt it would have been better if he were the leader.

From Brotherhood to the Avengers, and even part of the X-Factor. It appears Pietro's alliances change when it suits him at the time.

Personality: (How do they behave?) Pietro is a rather arrogant, talkative, and personable young man. Personable perhaps if you don't mind him getting in your personal space.

Family: (if unknown just put N/A)
Wanda Maximoff: Twin Sister
Magda: Deceased Mother
Lorna Dane: Half-sister
Magneto a.k.a Erik Lensherr: Father

Friends: (Who they hang out with in canon, who they plot with, etc.) Pietro does a lot of talking but, he does not seem to have many he is friends with. One in particular though is Avalanche whom he does consider a friend.

Relations to other Mutants: (Do they hate their kind? Make friends? Don't care?) Pietro actually likes his kind, even if he does find a good number of them nuisances.

Stance on Humans: (Love em? Hate em? Don't Care?) Pietro really does not care very much about all that.

Swag: A blue, turtle neck body suit with white, shin length boots, white gloves, and a white lightening streak across the chest. However, when he joined the Avengers the blue was thus turned into a green.

Anything we should know?: Nothing...

Got something to get off your chest?: They see me rollin', they hatin'.

Pietro hated it really, he really hated how slow everything around him seemed. Here he was moving in a zip, and all the people around him moved like cement was stuck to their feet. The white haired young man knew he had to be here though, after all this was part of the Brotherhood's mission. Woe be it for him if he didn't actually follow protocol this time, and really he meant that in all sarcastic sincerity. Folding his arms against his chest, and leaning back against a crumbling wall, his eyes scanned over the others working.

Really he could have this job done in three shakes but, he was asked to monitor the new recruits. Possibly the single most boring job in the entire world, next to being an accountant or something of that nature. He rolled a small piece of rock under his heel, and then kicked it away swiftly watching it fly through the air out of sight.

"I could have gone two hundred and ninety-seven times around the world, and you guys would still be here like a couple of monkeys." Pietro grumbled and pushed up off the wall. Walking over he snatched a small device from one man's hands. Typing quickly on the number pad he read swiftly over the information that scrolled. Practically tossing it back to the stunned man, he turned and started back up the small crater.
"Come on, and don't waste anymore of my time, okay?" His voice seemed to hold a sneer to it.
Looks good Very Happy. Approved.
Back to top Go down
X-23
Prussia as Fuck
Prussia as Fuck
X-23

PostSubject: X-23   Character Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 am

Behind the Mask

Alias: Rin

Method of Contact: PM me.

Background: I've been an X-Men fan since I was little, I watched the 90s cartoon religiously, and then X-Men Evolution when I was around 13. I read bios for characters, and have read a fair amount of the comics, and have seen each of the movies several times.

Password:

RP Experience: I have Rped on several sites over the years, a few X-Men sites, where I've played Wolfsbane, Jubilee, and Rogue. I RP on my own RP site for the Hetalia Fandom where I play numerous characters, and do AIM Rping on a almost nightly basis. I can RP in literate, or casual formats.

Putting on the Suit

Name: Laura Kinney

Alias: X-23, Laura X, Laura Logan/Howlett, Talon

Powers:

• Regenerative Healing Factor
    Similar to Wolverine's healing ability, this is Laura's primary power. The ability to rapidly regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue, allowing her injuries to heal at an extremely accelerated rate. This power is developed to the point she can actually reattached a severed limb. It also gives her an immunity to poisons and diseases, as well as her heightened stamina and durability.
  • Heightened Senses
    With senses heightened far beyond that a normal human, Laura is able to see at distances with more clarity then a normal human would. She can hear sounds and smell things one with normal senses would completely miss. She uses these abilities, normally to track and hunt.
  • Adamantium Claws
    Laura's claws are similar to Wolverine's in that she has three, and they are each coated with the indestructible metal known as 'adamantium'. The metal allows them to slice through nearly any matter, and keeps them sharp. The difference comes in that, while two of her claws reside in Laura's arms, she as one in each foot as well. These claws are retractable, and often hidden beneath the skin.

History:
X-23 is the result of 'The Faclity' trying to create a clone of Logan Howlett (better known as Weapon X/Wolverine). After 22 failed attempts, leading mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney suggested they change the gender of the project to female. Though this idea was shunned, Dr. Kinney went ahead, and created a viable female subject. This caused her plan to be rethought, but as punishment for not following orders, Dr. Kinney was made to carry the child to term.

X-23 was raised as a weapon, and trained to be an assassin. During the course of her childhood she treated coldly and often cruelly. Dr. Kinney did her best to try and treat the child kindly, hoping to find some humanity in her but the efforts seemed in vain. When X-23 was seven, she was exposed to severe radiation, forcing her powers to activate.

Dr. Rice, the project's surgeon, who held a personal grudge against both Kinny and X-23, then extracted her claws, one by one, coated them with adamantium, and reinserted them. Soon after he introduced X-23 to Kimura, her handler. Kimura's job was to keep an eye on X-23, and punish her when she did wrong. Sadly, Kimura, having been badly abused herself, as a child, would often viciously punish X-23 even when she'd done things correctly.

Dr. Rice also created a chemical he called the 'Trigger scent', that would cause X-23 to go into a berserker rage when she smelled it. This chemical was used accidentally and forced Laura to kill her Martial Arts Master, Tanaka-sensei. He was one of the few people in the facility that treated her as a human being, and killing him was severely traumatic, though he sadly wouldn't be the first.

Three years after, she would be sent on her first mission, where she was made to kill Presidential Candidate Greg Johnson. The mission was a success. X-23 managed to kill, not only Greg Johnson, but his entire family, security, and the citizens, and reporters at the function within the 22 minute time limit. Even so, this act seemed to strip her completely of humanity. After the mission, X-23's services would be bought easily, and she would be sent around the world for continued missions, each with a set time limit, that she never went over.

After a few months of missions, Dr. Rice (who's hatred against X-23 was growing quickly into a sort of madness), went along with X-23. He waited at the rendezvous point with the others to pick her up. Upon seeing her coming towards them, he threatened the others, even killing one, into leaving her behind. He left her with a pair of damaged dogtags and the words “Good bye, Weapon X.” When he returned, he told Dr. Sutter, the head of the project, that he'd seen X-23 killed.

She returned on her own to the Facility, and was punished for not making it to the rendezvous point by Kimura. It was later, during a debriefing by Dr. Kinney to find out what had happened, that Sarah found the marks left on X-23's arm from her cutting.

Soon after, Dr. Kinney's niece, Megan, was kidnapped by a pedophile, and she snuck X-23 out of the base, using her to find Megan and kill the man that had kidnapped her. For this reason, Dr. Kinney was fired.

That night, Dr. Rice had Dr. Sutter sign papers handing the project over to him. Before giving X-23 the mission of killing Sutter and his family. X-23 followed through almost perfectly with the mission. Killing both Sutter and his wife, but she was unable to kill their infant son, and instead left in the woods behind the house to be found by the authorities, when someone called in the house burning to the ground.

Before Dr. Kinney left The Facility, Dr. Rice showed her a chamber filled with pods, he explained how he was going to create more like X-23, and caused Dr. Kinney to leave The Facility with X-23, giving the girl one last mission: To destroy the pods and kill Rice. While X-23 succeeded in completing this last mission before the set time limit, when she left to meet Dr. Kinney so they could leave, it was to find that after he'd shown Dr. Kinney the pods, he had planted the trigger scent on her. Upon smelling it, like every time before, X-23 blacked out and viciously slaughtered her mother figure. Before she died, Dr. Kinney gave X-23 the name “Laura”.

She left X-23, now named Laura, with a large sum of cash, passports, the Pinochio book she'd read to Laura when she was younger, and a letter now so stained with blood it was unreadable.

Fourteen, and alone, Laura tracked down Dr. Kinney's sister, Debbie, and her daughter, Megan in San Francisco. She watched them for nearly a month before introducing herself as Dr. Kinney's daughter. She lived there comfortably for a very short time, even attending the local high school (for a total of half a day before being suspended) before The Facility tracked her down, thanks to Debbie's boyfriend, who was secretly working for them. He tried to kill Laura himself, but fumbled and was killed. However, thanks to him, the Facility quickly stormed the house, and Laura was faced again with her abusive handler.

She managed to get Debbie and Megan out of the house and to safety, trapping Kimura inside, and causing an explosion to buy time. She gave her money and false passports to her new family, sending them to live in the safe house Dr. Kinney had prepared for herself and Laura. After goodbyes were said, and hoping that the two would be safe, Laura decided it was time to track down Wolverine and end everything.

Personality: Due to her upbringing, Laura suffers from a slew of psychological problems. She had a deep self-hatred from all the people she's killed, and has been known to cut herself with her claws to relieve the pressure of her sometimes overwhelming self-hatred and depression. This is a habit she's had since childhood. She's also easily confused and annoyed by the emotions of people around her, making her hard to work with at times, and known for her hot temper, and outbursts when she reaches her limits.

Laura can fake nearly any emotion, and does so easily. The emotional distance she was raised to have makes it hard for her to form real attachments, and easy for her seem completely blank at times. She's quiet, and blends in with the background, and can very easily go unnoticed, as she has been trained to do so. Often shying away from other people, and even panicking a little when others are nice to her, associating that niceness with coming pain and loss.

Family:

• Sarah Kinney – Laura's surrogate mother. Deceased.
  • James Howlett (Wolverine) – The source of DNA used to created X-23.
  • Deborah Kinney – Maternal aunt.
  • Megan Kinney – maternal cousin.

Friends: Given her childhood, X-23 doesn't have any friends. She has a hard time getting along with people, and even harder one making attachments.

Relations to other Mutants: Similar to her stance on Humans, Laura has no particular love or hate for mutants. She's more likely to associate with mutants, as most know not to ask questions about one's history, and there is less of a chance of a fellow mutant to shy away from her due to her abilities.

Stance on Humans: Given her history, Laura should despise humans, as they are the ones that made her what she is, and caused her to become a killer, she really doesn't care much for them. She has no hatred towards them, nor any real like for them either. They simply are.

Swag

Anything we should know?: Nope.

Got something to get off your chest?: No.

How does it look? Any suggestions? None.

Rp Sample:

She stood in front of the house for a long time, staring up at it with a worried expression. It was still early in the morning, a dense fog having swept over the city, the world seeming silent to most. She knew it wasn't, could hear cars, and people walking from a distance. When she closed her eyes and focused, she could hear the movement in the house across from her. Footsteps falling heavily against wood floors, and spoons clanking against bowls as someone poured cereal and milk.

X-23 shifted her weight, and bit at her lip, apprehensively moving forward finally. Her fists clenched, one in the pocket of her coat, and the other around the strap of her duffel bag. The few possessions she had, some stolen, seemed much heavier then they had during her journey here. As if they were trying to weigh her down, like her conscious was.

Don't go here. Leave, flee. It told her, but she pressed on. Walking up the front steps onto the porch, feet falling silently against the worn out wood, despite the heavy boots she wore. In front of the door, she stood, just as silent as she had been across the street. Eyes looking over the wood of the door, thinking it needed a new coat of paint, but otherwise wasn't too poorly kept.

“I can do this,” She told herself. Raising a hand, she knocked on the door, just hard enough to not falter, to show the confidence of someone who was not so afraid they'd be shaking in their boots if not for the training she'd had all her life. She'd been an assassin. Had lured men from their wives, and jobs into places where she could easily slaughter them, X-23 was not one to be easily frightened.

She could do this. She was okay.

Nearly stepping back as she heard the footsteps move towards the front door, X-23 took a deep breath, tightened her hold on the bag, and reminded herself of her story.

“My name is Laura, I'm Sarah's daughter. She sent me here to live with you for a while.”

It was only a partial lie. Sarah had told her about Debbie, and X-23 had saved Megan long ago. She knew them, and that they were family. But Sarah would never come to pick her up, as X-23 would let them think.

Finally, the door opened, and X-23 forced herself to stay calm, plastering a small, almost shy, smile on her face.

She could do this.

Last edited by X-23 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma Frost
Admin of Diamonds
Admin of Diamonds
Emma Frost

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 am

X-23 wrote:
Behind the Mask

Alias: Rin

Method of Contact: PM me.

Background: I've been an X-Men fan since I was little, I watched the 90s cartoon religiously, and then X-Men Evolution when I was around 13. I read bios for characters, and have read a fair amount of the comics, and have seen each of the movies several times.

Password:

RP Experience: I have Rped on several sites over the years, a few X-Men sites, where I've played Wolfsbane, Jubilee, and Rogue. I RP on my own RP site for the Hetalia Fandom where I play numerous characters, and do AIM Rping on a almost nightly basis. I can RP in literate, or casual formats.

Putting on the Suit

Name: Laura Kinney

Alias: X-23, Laura X, Laura Logan/Howlett, Talon

Powers:

• Regenerative Healing Factor
    Similar to Wolverine's healing ability, this is Laura's primary power. The ability to rapidly regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue, allowing her injuries to heal at an extremely accelerated rate. This power is developed to the point she can actually reattached a severed limb. It also gives her an immunity to poisons and diseases, as well as her heightened stamina and durability.
  • Heightened Senses
    With senses heightened far beyond that a normal human, Laura is able to see at distances with more clarity then a normal human would. She can hear sounds and smell things one with normal senses would completely miss. She uses these abilities, normally to track and hunt.
  • Adamantium Claws
    Laura's claws are similar to Wolverine's in that she has three, and they are each coated with the indestructible metal known as 'adamantium'. The metal allows them to slice through nearly any matter, and keeps them sharp. The difference comes in that, while two of her claws reside in Laura's arms, she as one in each foot as well. These claws are retractable, and often hidden beneath the skin.

History:
X-23 is the result of 'The Faclity' trying to create a clone of Logan Howlett (better known as Weapon X). After 22 failed attempts, leading mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney suggested they change the gender of the project to female. Though this idea was shunned, Dr. Kinney went ahead, and created a viable female subject. This caused her plan to be rethought, but as punishment for not following orders, Dr. Kinney was made to carry the child to term.

X-23 was raised as a weapon, and trained to be an assassin. During the course of her childhood she was raised as a weapon, treated coldly and often cruelly. Dr. Kinney did her best to try and treat the child kindly, hoping to find some humanity in her but the efforts seemed in vain. When X-23 was seven, she was exposed to severe radiation, forcing her powers to activate.

One of the doctors, Dr. Rice, that worked to create and raise X-23, then extracted her claws, and coated them with adamantium, and would soon after introduce X-23 to Kimura, her handler. Kimura's job was to keep an eye on X-23, and punish her when she did wrong. Sadly, Kimura, having been badly abused her self as a child, would often viciously punish X-23 even when she'd done things correctly.

Dr. Rice also created a chemical he called the 'Trigger scent', that would cause X-23 to go into a berserker rage when she smelled it. This chemical was used accidentally and forced Laura to kill Dr. Sutter, the head doctor on her case, who, like Dr. Kinney, had tried to treat her kindly. Three years after, she would be sent on her first mission, where she was made to kill Presidential Candidate Greg Johnson. After the mission was a success, X-23's services would be bought easily, and she would be sent around the world for continued missions.

When Dr. Kinney was finally fired by Dr. Rice, he showed her a chamber filled with pods, he explained how he was going to create more like X-23, and caused Dr. Kinney to leave The Facility with X-23, giving the girl one last mission: To destroy the pods and kill Rice. While X-23 succeeded in destroying the pods, Rice escaped and exposed Kinney to the Trigger scent, causing X-23 to kill her when they met back up. Before she died, Dr. Kinney gave X-23 the name “Laura”.

Newly names, Laura tracked down Dr. Kinney's sister, Debbie, and her daughter, Megan (Who Laura had once saved after she was abducted) to San Francisco, and introduced herself as Dr. Kinney's daughter. She lived there comfortably for a short time, before The Facility tracked her down, thanks to Debbie's boyfriend, who was secretly working for them. He tried to kill Laura himself, but fumbled and was killed. However, thanks to him, the Facility quickly stormed the house, and Laura was faced again with her abusive handler.

She managed to get Debbie and Megan out of the house and to safety, trapping Kimura inside, and causing an explosion to buy time. She left her 'Aunt' and 'Cousin', decided it was time to track down Wolverine.

Personality: Due to her upbringing, Laura suffers from a slew of psychological problems. She had a deep self-hatred from all the people she's killed, and has been known to cut herself with her claws to relieve the pressure of her sometimes overwhelming self-hatred and depression. This is a habit she's had since childhood. She's also easily confused and annoyed by the emotions of people around her, making her hard to work with at times, and known for her hot temper, and outbursts when she reaches her limits.

Laura can fake nearly any emotion, and does so easily. The emotional distance she was raised to have makes it hard for her to form real attachments, and easy for her seem completely blank at times. She's quiet, and blends in with the background, and can very easily go unnoticed, as she has been trained to do so. Often shying away from other people, and even panicking a little when others are nice to her, associating that niceness with coming pain and loss.

Family:

• Sarah Kinney – Laura's surrogate mother. Deceased.
  • James Howlett (Wolverine) – The source of DNA used to created X-23.
  • Deborah Kinney – Maternal aunt.
  • Megan Kinney – maternal cousin.

Friends: Given her childhood, X-23 doesn't have any friends. She has a hard time getting along with people, and even harder one making attachments.

Relations to other Mutants: Similar to her stance on Humans, Laura has no particular love or hate for mutants. She's more likely to associate with mutants, as most know not to ask questions about one's history, and there is less of a chance of a fellow mutant to shy away from her due to her abilities.

Stance on Humans: Given her history, Laura should despise humans, as they are the ones that made her what she is, and caused her to become a killer, she really doesn't care much for them. She has no hatred towards them, nor any real like for them either. They simply are.

Swag

Anything we should know?: Nope.

Got something to get off your chest?: No.

How does it look? Any suggestions? None.

Rp Sample:

She stood in front of the house for a long time, staring up at it with a worried expression. It was still early in the morning, a dense fog having swept over the city, the world seeming silent to most. She knew it wasn't, could hear cars, and people walking from a distance. When she closed her eyes and focused, she could hear the movement in the house across from her. Footsteps falling heavily against wood floors, and spoons clanking against bowls as someone poured cereal and milk.

X-23 shifted her weight, and bit at her lip, apprehensively moving forward finally. Her fists clenched, one in the pocket of her coat, and the other around the strap of her duffel bag. The few possessions she had, some stolen, seemed much heavier then they had during her journey here. As if they were trying to weigh her down, like her conscious was.

Don't go here. Leave, flee. It told her, but she pressed on. Walking up the front steps onto the porch, feet falling silently against the worn out wood, despite the heavy boots she wore. In front of the door, she stood, just as silent as she had been across the street. Eyes looking over the wood of the door, thinking it needed a new coat of paint, but otherwise wasn't too poorly kept.

“I can do this,” She told herself. Raising a hand, she knocked on the door, just hard enough to not falter, to show the confidence of someone who was not so afraid they'd be shaking in their boots if not for the training she'd had all her life. She'd been an assassin. Had lured men from their wives, and jobs into places where she could easily slaughter them, X-23 was not one to be easily frightened.

She could do this. She was okay.

Nearly stepping back as she heard the footsteps move towards the front door, X-23 took a deep breath, tightened her hold on the bag, and reminded herself of her story.

“My name is Laura, I'm Sarah's daughter. She sent me here to live with you for a while.”

It was only a partial lie. Sarah had told her about Debbie, and X-23 had saved Megan long ago. She knew them, and that they were family. But Sarah would never come to pick her up, as X-23 would let them think.

Finally, the door opened, and X-23 forced herself to stay calm, plastering a small, almost shy, smile on her face.

She could do this.

Looks Good! Aprroved Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Application   Character Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashes Fall :: RP Info and General Rules-
Jump to: