Ashes Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes Fall

A Choose-Your-Own-Event X-Men rp

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Registration Rules Updated. PLEASE READ!!!
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 am by Emma Frost

» Theme update
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 am by Emma Frost

» I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am by Emma Frost

» X-Men Origins: What Went Wrong.
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am by Erik Lensherr

» Hello there!
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm by Objectivismlol

» Suggestion Table
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm by Emma Frost

» Character Application
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 am by Emma Frost

» Taken Characters
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 pm by Admin

» Reserved Characters
I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erik Lensherr
Self-Proclaimed Overlord
Self-Proclaimed Overlord
Erik Lensherr

I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Empty
PostSubject: I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly    I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 am

My friend, the administrator of this site would be more apt to do a full blown rant on this. However, since I too love First Class I must say my peace as well. When I had first heard the movie was going to have Emma Frost; I was excited. Actually, I think most young man who knew who Emma Frost was were getting boners. Anyway, yes the Queen herself on the silver screen strutting her stuff like the bad girl she is. I had seen images of January Jones but, I did reserve judgment until I actually watched her for myself. Even if her body-type was a bit off from where it's supposed to be, I was not going to say anything yet. When I purchased First Class I waited to get with the part with Emma, I waited with baited breath. I actually hoped I did not hate her for the sake of just loving the entire cast of this movie. However, there were many gripes to be made about Ms. Jones.

First of all, the acting. Most of the movie she appeared to be delivering her lines, and none of her acting seemed rather good. With Emma also everything is also body language, and the woman even did that horribly
Back to top Go down
Emma Frost
Admin of Diamonds
Admin of Diamonds
Emma Frost

I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Empty
PostSubject: The Admin Rages   I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am

Now that we've queued Wrath of the Admin music.....

I have followed Emma since the 90's cartoon. Whether good or evil, she oozes sex appeal and has everything to coordinate. She has the look, the intelligence, the ruthlessness and the drive to execute her schemes. She struck the ultimate balance between classy and sexy. Emma has excellent taste in clothes, food, culture and mannerism. She is a powerful woman in presence alone aside from her prowess as a telepath. This woman oozes sex appeal.

She's just magic to look at...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THIS on the other hand.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She falls flat on her ass as Emma in appearance alone. I was once told 'a woman's crown is her hair.' Apparently nobody told January this. Her hair is poofy, a style Emma herself would blanch at and it shatters any semblance of character illusion. Her bras are obviously padded, and she has the figure of an anorexic stick. Emma Frost is curvy and has an hourglass figure complete with a glorious set of boobs. I'd be impressed if January was even a low C. Her posture is wrong and when she tries to execute Emma's glare, she looks bug-eyed.

January never pulled off Emma's air of classy/sexy. She comes off a stand-in whore of Sebastian Shaw's. She's very bland in her acting, as if she isn't even trying. The formula for good acting is emote-connect-credibility. That is acting 101. She had next to no emotion at all, and as a result did not connect with the audience and lost her credibility. Even if you are playing a cold character there is emotion in their words and subtleties to their motions and body movements. Her movements were too blunt and unrefined. Even in the scene where her projected image is having foreplay with the Russian Official, it comes off as more of a fake pillow fighting than anything sexy. It looks like a series of retard salutes with cheap lingerie. And she wants us to believe she is the White Queen!

And as the White Queen, Emma Frost had everything to do with what Shaw was doing. She helped him plan and talk to the right people. January Jones just stands idly in the background, waiting for something to do. Emma NEVER let Shaw boss her around. If he told her to get ice for him, she'd sneer and tell him to do it himself. Ms. Frost would never be at Shaw's beck-and-call. Take this clip from the 90s cartoon series for example. Note that the black-haired man is Sebastian Shaw, and that Azazael/Riptide were not a part of the original Hellfire Club's Inner Circle.

Defend her now, January Jones fans. The proof is in the pudding.

In conclusion, January Jones should not have been cast as Emma Frost, or anyone in that movie. She should quit acting and get a career as a waitress. At least she'd have a reason to stand idly by.
Back to top Go down

I am not Jonesing for January : First Class Folly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashes Fall :: Out Of Character :: Nerd Rage-
Jump to: